The EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) came into force on 25 May 2018, superseding the Data Protection Act 1998.
You can read a full copy of our Privacy Document setting out your rights and our obligations here, but a summary is set out below:-
SUMMARY (Privacy Document)
• we understand that it is very important that we protect the privacy of your information and we will store it securely
• we will only use the data for the church’s administrative needs, including claiming Gift Aid on donations, and to contact you about parish activities
• we will not supply your data to anyone else (unless legally obliged to do so)
• we will not hold the data longer than is needed to enable us to fulfil these purposes.
• You have the right to see the data we hold on you, to correct errors, to have it deleted from our records (unless you hold a role or office within the church which cannot be fulfilled unless we hold your data) and to complain to the authorities if you believe it is being misused.